Personal development of the Young Carers is very important and so we strive to provide as many workshops, programmes as possible for them to become involved with. Our aim for Young Carers to be resilient, confident, ambitious and independent.
We currently provide:
- Information, advice and signposting to Young people regarding training, CV writing, job applications etc.
- First Aid Qualifications
- Personal development workshops including coping strategies and caring with confidence
- Specific workshops around chronic illness, disabilities, mental health and drug and alcohol addiction.
- Safeguarding Qualifications
- Cooking Skills
- Duke of Edinburgh Qualifications
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Princes Trust Qualifications
- Transition support for Young Carers aged 18 – 24. This includes signposting to adult services